Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Definition)
- “Service(s)” means any act, or any tangible/intangible thing that is the object of said act, which is provided for the users free of charge or with a fee through the Site as prescribed in Article 4 hereunder.
- “Non-member(s)” means any person who uses Services provided by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd without registering as a member of the Site.
- Any matter not provided for herein and any interpretation hereof is subject to applicable laws or generally accepted business practices.
Article 4 (Provision of and Change to Services)
Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd performs the following activities by means of the Site:
- Providing information on products or services;
- Conducting a variety of sales promotional activities for products or services including advertisement and events; and
- Rendering other additional Services useful to Users and other tasks determined by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd.
Article 5 (Discontinuation of Services)
- In case Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd is not able to provide Services due to changes in the line of business, abandonment of businesses, or consolidation of companies, etc. and in the event of maintenance, replacement, breakdown, or transmission interruption of information communication facilities including computers, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd may temporarily discontinue the provision of Services.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd indemnifies Users or any third party for damages, if any, that arise from the temporary discontinuation of Services for such reasons as set forth in paragraph (1) unless it is proven that Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd has not committed such act with intent or by gross negligence.
- In the event of discontinuation of Services under paragraph (1), Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will notify Users of such fact and indemnify Users for damage in accordance with the conditions proposed by the Site; provided, however, that if the Site has not notified any indemnification standard, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will pay Users their points or rewards, etc. in cash or in-kind equivalent to monetary value used in the Site or other websites operated by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd.
Article 6 (Protection of Personal Information)
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd collects the following information when gathering user information:
– Name (for personal certification)
– Date of birth
– Telephone number
– Home address
– E-mail address
– Type of personal information that can be collected during the use of Services and business handling
– Service usage records, access logs, cookies, access IP address information, usage termination records
- When collecting personal information that permits identification of a User, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will certainly obtain consent from the User.
- Any personal information provided cannot be passed on to any third party for any other purpose than set forth herein without consent from the User, and Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd takes any and all responsibility in relation thereto, except in cases where:
– Personal information of a User is provided to a shipping company to the minimum extent required for shipment (e.g., name, address, telephone number);
– Personal information is provided for the statistical, academic, or market research purpose in a form that cannot permit identification of the individual;
– Personal information is provided for payment for transactions of goods, etc.;
– Personal information is provided for personal certification to prevent personal information from being stolen; or
– Obligations to provide personal information in accordance of applicable Acts and subordinate statutes arise.
- When obtaining consent from the User under paragraphs (2) and (3) above, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd should specify or notify beforehand the identity of the person responsible for personal information management (department, name, contacts including telephone number), objectives of information gathering and usage, matters concerning provision of information to a third party (recipient, objectives of provision of information, details of information provided), and a User may retract such consent at any time.
- Users may request perusal and correction of errors of their personal information retained by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd at any time, and Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd is obligated to respond to such request without delay. Where a User has requested correction of errors, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will not use any personal information of the User until such error is rectified.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd employs a minimum number of administrators in order to protect personal information, and assumes full liability for any damages incurred by Users due to loss, theft, leakage, or alteration of their personal information including a credit card or bank account.
- Upon the fulfillment of the purpose of gathering or receiving personal information of Users, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd or any third party who has received personal information there from will immediately destroy such personal information.
Article 7 (Duties of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd)
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd should have an effective security system to protect personal information of Users (including credit information) in order for Users to securely use the Internet-based Services.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd is liable to indemnify Users for any damages incurred by Users that may arise from its unfair labeling or advertising for products or services as referred to in Article 3 of the Act on Fair Labeling and Advertising.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd should not send Users any unsolicited E-mail or SMS for profit-making purposes.
Article 8 (Duties of Users)
- Users must not do any of the following:
– Register false information upon signing up for e-newsletter or modification of personal information.
– Steal others’ information.
– Alter other information posted on the Site;
– Transmit or post other information (e.g., computer programs) than prescribed by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd.
– Infringe on intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd and any third party.
– Perform any act that injures the honor of or interferes with the business of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd and any third party.
– Disclose or post any obscene or violent messages, video clips, sound, or any other information contrary to good public order and customs on Services.
– Use any Service for profit-making purposes without consent of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd. or
– Engage in other illegal or unfair acts.
Article 9 (Reversion and Limited Use of Copyright)
- Intellectual property rights, including copyrights, to works created by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd should be retained by Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd.
- Users must not, without prior consent of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd, use for profit-making purposes, or allow any third party to use, the information they acquire in the course of use of the Site, by means of replication, transmission, publication, distribution, broadcasting, or other methods.
- Where Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd uses works copyrighted by a User by agreement, it should notify the User of such use.
Article 10 (Indemnification)
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for failure to provide Services due to natural disasters, force majeure, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for failure to provide Services due to any cause attributable to Users.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for cases where Users fail to gain expected profits by using Services or sustain damages caused by using data obtained through Services.
- The reliability or accuracy of information, data, or statements posted by a User is the responsibility of the User; and Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for any damage incurred by a User or any third party arising from incorrectness or falsification thereof whatsoever.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for any damages incurred by a User or any third party arising from deliberate intent or gross negligence of the User in connection with use of Services.
Article 11 (Advertisement Publication, SMS, etc.)
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd may publish commercial advertisements on the Site, or send SMS or DM (letters) to individual Users with prior consent of Users in order to more efficiently offer the best Services.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd will bear no liability for any damage incurred by Members due to their direct participation in an advertiser’s promotional activities by means of Services.
Article 12 (Resolution of Disputes)
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd establishes and operates a damage compensation agency to respond to justifiable opinions or complaints filed by Users and to render compensation for damages, if any, caused thereby.
- Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd handles complaints and opinions raised by Users with priority; provided, however, that if it is difficult to promptly handle them, Shilla Travel Retail HK Ltd immediately notifies Users of the reason therefor and timeline for handling.
Article 13 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)